Scope of works
The Contractor provided the complete mechanical installation as specified herein and as indicated on the drawings.
The mechanical installation consists of the following:
- New space heating system
- Replacement of radiators in the existing hospital
- New ventilation services
- New water services installation
- Remedial works to water services in the existing hospital
- New soils & waste services
- New medical gas installation
- New firefighting services (hand held extinguishers)
- Testing & commissioning
- Removal of redundant mechanical services
Heating services provided in Phase 2: Extension and throughout the Building.
The heating system shall provide heat to the following circuits:
- Circuit 1 Serves the existing hospital
- Circuit 2 Serves the existing hospital
- Circuit 3 Serves the existing phase one extension
- Circuit 4 Serves the new phase two extension
- Circuit 5 Serves the new LPHW to Calorifier
Heating was provided using LST radiators in the general rooms with manual thermostatic radiator valves.The works also included for the replacement of the radiators within the existing hospital with LST radiators.